January 1, 2012

It Was Bound To Happen

My knocking on wood didn't work! I went into work only ONE day this week, and what do ya know, I got sick. Everyone at work is sick, deathly sick, so I surrounded myself with hand sanitizer. I even went as far as to hand out festive holiday hand sanitizer as everyone's Christmas presents. I made a comment to a coworker, telling her that I was lucky I hadn't really gotten sick yet this year, to which she replied "hurry! Knock on wood!" Didn't work! I woke up last night and noticed that swallowing felt like I was choking on needles. Then when I got up this morning, I was thrown into a furry of coughing. Ryan made me lay back down, ran and got the humidifier and put it next to the bed, made me breakfast (including orange juice), and tucked me back in for a few more hours of sleep. Oh, the amazing hubbiness doesn't end there. I slept for another few hours and woke up again. He asked me if I wanted to watch some Spongebob because he downloaded every season of it and hoped it would make me feel better. I couldn't deny that the idea sounded heavenly. He then asked me if I wanted a grilled tuna sandwich for lunch (and yes, before I get attacked for eating tuna, it's allowed in moderation). Of course I wanted one, but he admitted that he'd never made one before. So I told him how to make one and he went the extra mile! I felt like a little kid when he walked into the room with a plate containing my sandwich, chips, cookies, and a Capri Sun. I promptly fell back asleep once lunch was over, and only just now woke up...it's 5:30. Isn't he just amazing!? Gosh, I love him! I just hope I didn't get him sick with our New Year's midnight kiss.



(Day 254)

No comments:

Post a Comment