Ever since we moved into our new home, we've noticed something peculiar. I can't really complain because anything is better than spiders that crawl on you at night, but I feel bad that it's affecting our baby kitties. It's a little thing I like to call
static electricity. I first noticed it when I would fold my laundry, and even having put 2 dryer sheets in, my clothes still stuck together and zapped me. I've gotten to the point of having to put in 4 sheets to avoid the static. Then it started to become more noticeable when we would pet the cats, and they'd end up as big puff balls who would run around getting shocked by everything. It's been pretty bad. EVERYTHING zaps us. So we did some research and found that getting a humidifier can sometimes help moisten up the air and get rid of some of the static electricity. We have already gone through one that we didn't like, and tonight we went out to hunt for a better one. Hopefully the cats can start letting us pet them without pulling back out of fear of getting shocked.


(Day 235)
No comments:
Post a Comment