December 24, 2011

Peace Amongst Chaos

Oops! I typed out my post, but my computer decided not to post it, so this is yesterday's post.


Today was somewhat emotionally confusing, but I'll skip by the bad stuff and focus on the good stuff. I sent Ryan off to get an oil change and tire rotation done on the car, while I stayed home and cleaned. Ryan came home with a happy look on his face and said "that was the cheapest oil change I've ever gotten!" Turns out the manager felt like he made Ryan wait a little longer than he should have, so he gave him all the services for free. That made me so happy. Definitely sending that guy a thank you card!

Then after that, we decided to go to the temple. I always love going to a session where others are going through for the first time. It makes me think back onto a year ago when I was preparing to do so myself. It's such a special thing to see the family at the end, and know that they are complete. :D

After the temple, it occurred to me that we were out of TUMS. Ryan suffers from severe acid reflux, and my heartburn is getting worse by the second, so I knew we HAD to go get some. But did we want to fight the crowds at Walmart to do so? Um, yes! I'm in that much pain. So Ryan parked the car for 10 minutes while I ran in. I was going to stock up, but they only had 1 bottle left! ONE! Thank goodness I got it. Then, since I never ever wanted to return to Walmart in the near future because I swear everyone on the planet was there, I decided to grab some of the other things we were running low on. My mom taught me well. She always told me "in the days before and after Christmas, don't take a cart. You'll be stuck behind everyone and it will take so much longer to accomplish anything." Those words went through my head as I walked in, so I decided to forgo the cart. I started to regret it after I made my decision to grab more items. Here I was, waddling through the store with a 10 lb bag of cat food, a huge bottle of conditioner, a giant bundle of paper towels, all the while trying to juggle my phone and iPod. (They ended up getting tucked into my shirt because I was worried about dropping them.) Ryan saved me in the knick of time and we checked out as quickly as we could. I will NEVER go to a store again this close to the holidays. I learned my lesson!!



(Day 245)

No comments:

Post a Comment