December 22, 2011

Bassinet

Just like the stroller, I'm slightly annoyed that the bassinet shipped an entire week before it was supposed to, but it's here and I love it, so I'll stop complaining. Yet again I enjoyed making dinner while listening to the grumblings and rantings of Ryan as he tried to set it up. You would think it was just a pop open and snap shut thing, but no. It had lots of metal poles to put into sleeves...just like a tent. And then the stupid changing table and baby bed that sit on top wanted to be impossible to put together. I think I actually threw one of them down on the ground after a few minutes of frustratingly trying to force a pole into a sleeve; a sleeve it was so NOT made to go into. But we messed around with it for a while and finally got it all set up. The kitties loved playing in all of the slots. Willow especially loved batting at the hanging flowers. I consider her my baby toy tester. Now I just have to wait until our little baby can enjoy them too. Only 4 more months! Can't wait!

Here it is in its entirety:

It has lots of features. In this picture you can see the little shelving unit on the bottom that will store diaper supplies and such. There's also a night light, a music player, and a mechanism that gently vibrates the whole thing. And it rolls! This is what we plan on keeping in our bedroom for the first little bit, and then it will most likely accompany us on all of the many trips to the parent's and in-law's houses. Then as the baby gets older, all this stuff comes out and it becomes a play pen.

This is the little newborn bed. It's SUPER soft.

Willow approves of the shelves. Isn't she adorable?

In a matter of seconds, it rolls up into this small bundle; easy for traveling.
(Junie's investigating a box in the background :P )

I really loved the dangling flowers...and so did Willie.

(Day 244)

No comments:

Post a Comment