December 29, 2011

Nanny's Nest

Sleeping at night has been a total work-in-progress. Right off the bat, I bought an expensive pregnancy pillow. It was okay, but I couldn't justify sleeping on a $60 pillow when it didn't really "wow" me. So we took that back and got a $2.50 pillow that did a lot more for me than the other. Ironic, huh? But now that Mount Tummy is getting bigger by the day, I started to get really uncomfortable again. I think I may have finally found the groove. Last night I slept better than I have in a long time. My nest, as I call it, consists of 1 body pillow, 4 regular pillows, 1 king sized soft blanket, and a small decorative pillow. My hips have had it! And they're not afraid to let me know. I can only sleep on one side for about an hour before I have to rotate because of my aching hips. Rotating is excruciating because of my PSD and Ryan has started complaining that I'm a "violent rotator" and that I keep waking him up. My sweet spot comes in the form of a large, firm goose down pillow on one side, and the rolled up blanket and extra pillow on the other. It allows me to lay more on my back, but have a little bit of prop under my hip. I also get back support too. Ryan said that he slept pretty well last night too, so I'm thinking this may be it. Houston, I think we found our answer! I can honestly say that the most difficult thing to figure out during pregnancy is how to get comfortable while sleeping. I can only hope this new nest setup lasts me a bit before I have to tweak it.

See that tiny sliver of bed? Yeah, that's where I squeeze in and everything else is for supporting the baby curves. It's sleep science!!

(Day 251)

No comments:

Post a Comment