On top of finding out that baby girl is doing perfectly, I learned a few things about me today. 1) Since my nausea has lightened up, I have gained a bit of weight. I wasn't putting anything on at first, but now that I can eat, I'm doing a good job at putting on pounds. I blame the holidays. 2) I have what's called "PSD". It stands for "Pubic Symphysis Dysfunction." The pubic symphysis is the cartilage material that holds the pubic bones together. In pregnancy, it softens and stretches (just like everything else), but mine is stretching too much. I was relieved to hear that it's fairly common and normal. It is, however, excruciatingly painful, which would explain why I'm ALWAYS in agony. It was funny because I was trying to explain it to my doctor. (Warning, TMI) I was telling her that it felt like my pubic bones were going to rip apart and the baby was going to fall out, and she says "well, basically that's what's happening. Your ligaments are tearing and stretching, but don't worry, the baby won't fall out." Haha, oh good! And just like with any other pregnancy pain, what is the solution? Nothing! Just rest. But as long as the baby is healthy and happy, I can put up with any pains. Luckily I have an amazing hubby who takes care of me and makes sure I don't have to do anything that makes the pain worse. He even helps me up the stairs by leaning over and pushing my bum with his head. Which, in the end, makes it harder because I can't walk up the stairs when I'm laughing that hard. Thanks, babe!
Sucking her thumb. We got a DVD of the ultrasound, and you can actually see her sucking on her thumb.
At one point, she put her hands above her head, kicked out both legs, and arched her back as she stretched.


(Day 250)



No comments:
Post a Comment