I wish more than anything that this post was about us strikin' it rich, but sadly it is not. But, in a sense, it's better than that. As we were driving home last night, I noticed a new Chinese food buffet that was opening up right next to us. I sort of have a mild-to-severe obsession with Chinese food. Ryan sort of has a mild-to-severe loathing of Chinese food, but luckily his love for me outweighs that. After literally cleaning the house for 6 hours with no food or rest, since it was my day off, he asked me if I'd like to go there for our date night. Heck yeah I do! I always think it's so sweet when he takes me somewhere that I love, even though he hates it. But to my amazement, he didn't hate it. I found myself in shock every time I heard things like "mmm," and "ooh, that's good" come out of his mouth. I only have one complaint about the place. We were trying out the Mongolian grill, and the chef dumped my raw meat and veggies onto the grill, cooked them up (under cooked them, rather), and then proceeded to put all of it right back onto the plate that still had blood and raw meat on it. I think he needs a lesson or two on cooking. Other than that, the food (that was cooked) was all incredibly fresh and high quality. I even took a gander at the sushi bar, and it looked amazing. I'm 100% positive we'll be going back.
You better believe I got pictures! And did I look like a complete fool, pulling out my big camera to take pictures of my food? You bet I did!

My guilty pleasure is Diet Coke.

My last pregnancy, I developed an aversion to the thin beef that they use for the beef & broccoli, so now I just eat the broccoli.

I love these cheap almond cookies that all of the Chinese food places have. And the chocolate pudding settles my tummy, oddly enough.

My fortune cookie. I'm going to pretend it's referring to the pregnancy

Ryan always insists on smashing his fist on his cookie to obliterate it. I thought it rather ironic this time. :P

(Day 252)
No comments:
Post a Comment