December 6, 2011

Getting Older

Today was my 22 birthday!! I can honestly say that I kept forgetting today had any importance, and paused when Ryan woke me up by kissing me and whispering "Happy birthday!". So if it wasn't for all my friends and family that cared so much, I probably would have just let this day go by like a normal day. Ryan was such a perfect hubby today. While I was getting ready in the bathroom, he was running around making the bed and doing all the little things that I insist on having done before we leave. Then he hurried me out the door so we could go to breakfast. When we got to work, he walked me in and gave me my birthday present so that my mom could watch. Okay, I'm not gonna lie, I thought I was going to get something else. Let me explain. Ryan has been hinting at quite the present by saying things like "I'm asking my family and yours to chip in to help buy your gift," and "I put the $300 your dad sent towards the gift..." Yeah, big, right?! Well, it turns out all of that was going towards Christmas. For birthday, I got a really cute Willow Tree figurine that I've been wanting. Now I'm even more excited for what's in store for Christmas.

My mom wasn't going to let Ryan one-up her. When lunch time rolled around, she came walking into my cubicle with Panda Express, a HUGE Diet Pepsi, the world's biggest bouquet of balloons, and a giant chocolate mousse cake. Quite honestly, when she set the chocolate cake in front of me, Panda Express became the last thing I wanted. The chocolate was just so good. My mom is seriously the best. She made my boring, stressful day at work a fun one. But she always makes my birthdays even more special, so I wasn't surprised.

After work, Ryan picked me up and we headed out to dinner. I pouted and told him that I didn't want to go out and that I'd just make dinner at home, but he insisted. He took me to my favorite restaurant, Tucanos, where we stuffed ourselves into agony. I was so tired from the full day's work and eating so much, I fell asleep on the way home. I woke up at Target, where Ryan let me buy some baby stuff. He's the best!! I won't lie, all I wanted at the end of the day was my bed. I was SO tired.

My first day of work went well. Not just because it was my birthday. I am just so happy and relieved to not only have a job again, but to be working with some of my favorite people, especially my mom. I panicked a little because when I left in October, I told myself, as most people do when they finish a job, that I was done and didn't need to retain any of what I learned. WRONG! I found myself racking my brain for the bits of knowledge that had been purposefully forgotten and were hiding in the depths of my brain. It slowly came back, so all is well. Life is good!!

So many balloons!!

My mom insists on getting me the most over-the-top balloon each year for my birthday. I'd have to say this was the biggest and by far the best yet. I loved it!


The packaging on the cake said "2 lbs of chocolate mousse". Oh my heck! My mom insisted on eating the icing flowers.

A meal of champions! It pushed me into my 2 o'clock wall a bit sooner than I'd hoped, and the second half of my day was miserable as I tried to stay awake.


Another amazingly meaningful figurine to add to my collection :D





(Day 228)

No comments:

Post a Comment