Well, last night at 2:30 AM, I rolled over and started violently shaking Ryan. He told me he tried to ignore it, but decided that he better see what I wanted. (Oh, by the way, I don't remember any of this). When he asked me what I wanted, I started asking him about dinner. He didn't know what I was talking about, so I started getting really irritated. I said things like "we JUST talked about this, Ryan!!". Then I started yelling at him about cilantro of all things. (why cilantro? I hate cilantro!) He automatically went on the defense and started yelling back. Hey, it was 2:30 and he had no idea what I was doing, so he was warranted.
At this point, his yelling woke me up a bit and I remember somewhat snapping out of it, saying "Whoa, what are you yelling about? I have no idea what you're talking about." I remember him saying "YOU....WANT.....CILANTRO?!? WHY?!" I was super upset that he was yelling at me for no reason. For a minute, he thought I was asking him to go out to get me food because I was having a strange cilantro craving. Gross.
**Side note: when people say not to wake up a sleep walker, DON'T. It totally confused me and probably made the situation worse than it had to be**.... I remember getting angry (legitimately angry because he had to know that I was sleep talking, yet he still yelled at me and insisted on confusing me further) so I rolled over and immediately fell back asleep. I think mostly I was just confused as to what was happening. I was too out of it to realize that I was just upsetting my hubby with my sleep talking. I was SO confused as to why I woke up to him yelling at me; completely ignorant to the fact that I was the one that woke him up to talk about food. It wasn't until I got up for real this morning that I remembered more of the conversation and what happened. We both apologized; me for waking him up and flipping out for no reason, and him for not handling it better. When you think about it, the whole situation is kind of funny. He said what made him laugh was that he couldn't fall asleep for another hour after that, and I just rolled over and immediately started softly snoring again. Ha! Sorry, darling.


No comments:
Post a Comment