November 22, 2011

I'm Ashamed

Why am I ashamed? Well, Ryan and I tried to spend the gift card that my mom gave us, and I was only able to spend LESS than half of it. I was let loose in one of my favorite stores with $100 and I could only spend $42. What's my deal?! As we walked out of the store, Ryan just shook his head and told me how he was ashamed that I didn't spend it all and more. We found a ton of stuff that we liked, the issue was that everything was 50% off. So we bought what we needed for Christmas and then decided to save the rest of the gift card for other holidays. I didn't decorate for most of the holidays this year because I didn't feel like I could justify spending our much-needed money on decorations. This should fix that problem. But our tree is just what we wanted it to be. I do think it's funny that I've already decorated for Christmas. That's something my mom would do, not me!

Of course, it HAD to be blue and brown. I was open for any color and theme, but we saw the bright teal and really liked it.

This is actually an ornament that I've had since I was little. Not 5 minutes after I hung it, Willow sat on the floor under the tree, literally doing exactly what the kitty on the ornament was doing. Had I been able to find my camera, I would have taken a picture. I thought it was hilarious. She likes to bat around the low-hanging ornaments.

We needed an ornament to commemorate our first Christmas as Mr. & Mrs. The little red heart says "2011." :D

The second I saw this towel, I had to have it. Ryan basically tells me this every day. What?! I like singing Christmas music.



(Day 214)

No comments:

Post a Comment