I love vacation. I love cruises. But by the end of this trip, I felt like it was getting to be a little too long. I'm a lamey! We were told that this cruise wasn't a destination cruise, but we thought it was perfect since I was pregnant. I didn't feel like we were missing out on snorkeling, jet skiing, or whatnot. We'd done it all before...not to mention it wasn't available for the most part. We enjoyed being together, we enjoyed our friends, and we enjoyed the break from real life. That's all that matters.
When the final day came around, we were super scared to turn on our phones. The cruise was so smooth. Nothing went wrong. We knew that something had to have gone wrong at home. I couldn't stop worrying about the kittens. We'd never left them alone for that long. When we turned on our phones and no scary texts or voicemails were waiting, we couldn't believe it. We actually got away with a long vacation!! Now we just had to get home. My morning sickness was intensely bad that morning, so I got a preboard pass for our flight, which meant that we were the first on and first off. Score! We ran into Ryan's dad at the airport since he was flying out as we were coming in. That was random. Then we returned home to the babies. Before I got inside, I had to make sure that all of my Halloween decorating had held up. It had! Okay, now onto the babies. They were so happy to see us, but also so confused to see us. I was shocked to find that little, baby Willow was now FAT Willow. She's so big now. Sad. They were happy, healthy, and excited to see us. That's all I could ask for. They haven't left my side since we got home. In fact, Junie is practically sleeping on my neck as I blog.
It's nice to be back home. Nothing went wrong and everyone is okay. Now it's time to focus on the baby and all of the exciting milestones that come with that.
I am tan. It is cold. But life is good.

(Day 192)

No comments:
Post a Comment