October 31, 2011

2 More Days At Sea

Days 7 & 8

The last two days of the cruise were days at sea. I personally felt that they should have put a day at sea in the middle of all of the ports, but they didn't. I was somewhat excited to have two days to just chill. On the first day of the cruise, we entered into a trivia game that would extend to the end of the cruise. The team with the most points at the end would get a prize. The premise of the game was to roll giant dice, answer a question, and if you get it right, roll the dice for points. If you didn't get the question right, the other teams could steal. We were getting all of our questions right and stealing lots of questions. The only issue was that we were rolling really low. Another team was cheating because they knew how to roll high. They ended up winning because of it, but when we saw the prize, we really didn't care. The other team won a bunch of ship trophies and a bottle of champagne. Yeah, completely wasteful to have given us that. Haha! We had fun playing because it was usually the only time (other than dinner) when our entire group of 10 would get together.

We had a lot of other little activities that we enjoyed to fill the rest of the time. We were already tan, so sunbathing was out. Ryan's friend had just spent $2000 on a bunch of his favorite board games, so he brought a bunch of them to play. They weren't like Monopoly and Scrabble, they were nerdy war games that I've never heard of. I actually really liked them. We usually set up a table on the main deck and played until about midnight each night. I usually lost, but it was still fun to play and be nerds.

We enjoyed ordering cookies and milk from room service, buying lots of cheap candy, taking a bunch of pictures at the photo booths, and getting unlimited soda and ice cream. The pro cruisers were the ones that set up the cruise, so they negotiated lots of bonuses for us. We all got $100 of onboard credit and a coupon for a free picture. Out of all of the professional pictures we took, we only really liked one. Which was good since we only had one coupon. I have to find a scanner before I can put it up on the blog. We buy at least one each cruise we go on, so it's starting to become tradition to get the picture and the frame unique to the cruise.

One of the little shops sold Sour Patch Kids Watermelons! MY FAVORITE!! I gorged myself for only $3!

This picture shows two things. I got a glitter tattoo one night because they seemed fun. But secretly it was to disguise the swelling of my foot. Can you see how chubby and swollen my foot looks?

I fell asleep on top of the bed and was too lazy to get up and get under the covers when I got cold. So Ryan piled all of the towels and a bunch of clothes on me.

This was us being nerds! We did this every single night. I only won once. (Starting from the bottom left of the bottom picture, moving around the table. There's Tony & Cara, Me, Ryan, Jake, and Ryan's business partner, Dave)


(Day 191)

No comments:

Post a Comment