October 31, 2011

Mazanillo

Day 6:

We had been informed by the pro cruisers that this port was a hard port to navigate. Not only was it incredibly unsafe, it cost an arm and a leg to get anywhere. It was a mountainous area, so to get anywhere worth noting, it cost about $40 a person for a taxi. Ryan and I just didn't feel that we wanted to spend that much money for something that could possibly be unsafe. I was tired and kind of uninterested anyway. So we decided to enjoy the port from the boat. One of the couples of our group got off to go shopping and came back with some interesting stories. They told us that they were reluctant to get off too, but had wanted to shop. They were surprised to find that just off the boat was a ton of shopping. Ryan and I decided that we would get off real fast, shop a bit, and then get back on. The second we stepped off the boat, I was miserable. It was about 100 degrees and 95% humidity. I was soaked in sweat within seconds!! We hurried through the shopping because I was getting dizzy. We found a cute jewelry box for me to put all of my free jewelry in, and a shot glass. Yes, I collect shot glasses. I don't drink, but I've been collecting them from every city I go because they're usually the cheapest, smallest souvenir a person can buy. I have upwards of 50. It's always a must-buy. Those two things were all we bought and we got back on the ship only 30 minutes before it left.

That night at dinner, a pod of dolphins were jumping outside of our window. It was so awesome to see them playing with the boat. Apparently they enjoy the cruise ships.


You can see the dolphins towards the end of the clip on the far left side of the screen.


(Day 190)

No comments:

Post a Comment