October 9, 2011

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Since leaving home and getting married, this is my first attempt at decorating my own space for the holidays. And not just decorating--excessively, disgustingly, unnecessarily over-decorating. My motives probably aren't what my mom's are though. She does it because she's festive. I'm doing it because I want to rub it in all of my neighbor's faces that I'm better at decorating and can win $75 because of it. Ha! That's the spirit of the season, right? So here's to you, mom!!


Until it is complete, you will only get pieces. Our patio is about 10X8. My mom bought us a cover to put over it when it's hot...like a tent thingy. When it gets closer to Halloween, I'm going to put that up and hang lanterns and twinkle lights from it. I know all of this may look cheap and cheesy...because it is. All of these decoration have been so kindly given to me for free. I figure why pay more for the decorations than I stand to win? Anyway, even if we don't win, I have been enjoying the decorating. The real cute stuff is inside. I'll post pictures later.



(Day 172)

No comments:

Post a Comment