After our morning of chaos (and missed Notre Dame game), we spent the rest of the day at my mom's house. She threw a BBQ for all of her employees to thank them for the intense summer that they worked. Since I'm an employee, I got to go. Haha. I made BBQ muffins, Jeff grilled up some chicken, she made homemade bread, and then we waited for everyone to show up. Out of the dozen or so people we invited (and I made amazingly cute popsicle invites for), only 2 people showed up. Two. Really?! We had a good time though. We had what felt like a family dinner, followed by a nice half hour with our tosies in the hot tub, followed by a movie. My mom had a fun time showing everyone her overly decorated Halloween house (seriously, it's ridiculous) and handed out Halloween gifts to everyone. I fell in love with some cute tea light votives that she put in everyone's cup. I wanted to steal one of each to get the complete set. Looks like I'm going to have to go to Target to get the rest of them.
The complete set! Too cute! I picked Frankenstein because he was so adorable. But I really wanted the pumpkin.
Halloween in the Griffinkottrich household (Griffin's, Birrenkott's, and Goodrich's, hehe) is just like any other holiday, in which my mother gives everyone something stuffed with useless junk. I have to admit, the tiny eyeball bubbles were fun. And the chocolate was delicious.Speaking of decorating for Halloween. We came home the other night to find a notice on our door. After we calmed down from thinking it was an eviction notice or something, we got excited. It was a challenge from management to see which tenants could decorate their patios the best for Halloween. A challenge, huh? The Griffin's never say no to a decorating challenge. (I say Griffin's because my decorating tendencies are definitely from my mom's side of the family, and the Goodrich's **mainly Ryan** aren't that into decorating) So while I was over at my mom's house today, she gave me the rest of her decorations. I told my mom that if I can't pull this off and win, I doubt we're related. If we do win, we get $75 off our rent. So let's do this! I've already started decorating, but I have BIG things in store. :D Pictures to come.
P.S. Happy 9 month anniversary to us! Here's to the next eventful 9 months. :P

(Day 171)

No comments:
Post a Comment