Is the kid going to be quiet and mellow like my family? Or some riotous and irreverent child? I certainly hope the former. I especially hope for a child who will keep to the faith no matter the hardships they face. I hope to be enough of an example to them that they view their faith as not something you can just walk away from, but what makes them who they are. I am not certain how I'll do that and how things will turn out. But one can only hope for the best.
We recently got to see our child for the first time and it was truly a remarkable experience. It felt like the whole thing happened so fast. Cuz technically it did. We got to see the baby's heart beat, a real sign that there was actually something inside Natalie and not just some faceless entity. Well, it's still faceless, but I can associate something visual to the baby now even if it is just some fuzzy blob from the ultrasound.
Whatever it is I'm trying to say, it can be summed up by how glad I am to be having this child with Natalie. She will be a perfect mother to our children and I am happy to be in this relationship. I won't deny that I'm scared or that I feel that I am inadequate in my current role as provider (from a financial perspective, but what father wouldn't feel that way?). But I trust in the Lord. This was meant to be.
I am excited to see what the future holds for us and our child. I am happy for the blessing we've been given, not only in finding one another, but in starting a forever family.

No comments:
Post a Comment