October 16, 2011

"Mom"

"Mom." Such a simple word, but it entails so much responsibility, love, passion, and sympathy. It's a word that I've only recently started to associate with myself. It's a word that sends butterflies to my tummy and shear panic to my mind. It's a word that used to make me sad because I gave up my chance at being a mom. It's a word that I honestly never thought I'd want to be called after the adoption. But now it's a word that I can't wait to hear. I can't wait for the day when our little baby starts seeing me as "mom." I can only hope that I can live up to this role in the same incredible manner that the two mothers in my life have. My mom and mother-in-law have had completely different experiences with children, with completely different outcomes. But if it wasn't for either of them, Ryan and I may not have crossed paths, and our child would not be on the way.

A few weeks ago, Ryan came home with a surprise for me. He gave me a silver heart-shaped necklace that said "Mom" on the front. On the back was an inscription that said "I will always remember the things that you do." He told me that the necklace officially made me a mom. I love it. :D I love Ryan. I love our unborn child. I love life. I love all of the new adventures that lie ahead.




(Day 179)

No comments:

Post a Comment