September 15, 2011

Peaceful Pastimes

Today has been one of those refreshing kind of days...just what I needed. Although, I won't lie when I say that my dad was on my mind all day. I know that he's in good hands, so I can't stress about it too much. I'll get to pick him up tomorrow. In his absence, I enjoyed all the activities that I've been needing. After I dropped off my dad, got lost in Seattle for a bit, came home and ate lunch, I decided that I needed to "start" off my day with a nap. Three hours proved to be enough...for now. After my nap, I enjoyed a nice, hot soak in the tub. I can't tell you how rare this is for me. I can't stand the dinky tubs that most homes have, so I usually jump at the chance to soak in REAL tub. After my bath, I decided to enjoy the beauty of Seattle some more. To some, the constant overcast skies and cool breezes may be depressing, but ironically, it makes this depressed woman so inspired. The cool breeze in my face, the changing leaves, and the pine trees just do it for me. I find myself getting lost in thought on my walks with the dog. I can honestly say I hope Ryan and I end up here one day. After my walk with Franny (it's still so sad and weird that Ginger isn't here), I treated myself to some Havarti cheese and apples. SO good. Food in general is turning me off lately, so I have to just eat what sounds good, and oh boy, they were YUMMY!!

I have to say, this trip is bringing back the feelings that I had when I was living in Omaha. All of the sudden, it feels as if Ryan and I have been apart for months. I find myself thinking about how much I miss him, constantly texting him, and getting super anxious when I see his number pop up on my phone for our nightly calls. Even though it reminds me of how miserable I was without him in Omaha, it makes me appreciate what we have. I know that when I get home, I get to curl up in bed with him and never leave his side. That comforts me. I just wish he was able to be here and enjoy Seattle the way I am.





(Day 148)

No comments:

Post a Comment