So I missed blogging yesterday because we didn't have Internet anywhere. And we were so busy/tired, I didn't even try to hunt a connection down. The move is finally over!! What a stressful day! We slept on a bare mattress, with no blankets and too many kitties, woke up at 7:00 to meet the movers, and then started cleaning up behind them. Luckily I had my mom, grandma, and my in-laws all there to lend a hand. Grandma is a professional house cleaner, so she handled the cleaning, mom just ordered everyone around and made fun of how "dirty" the place was. Apparently not dusting under things sets her off. :P Haha! We loaded up, ran out the door, and went over to the new place. The previous tenants were fuming because it appears as if they sold their lease too soon. Why you would sell your current place, when your new place isn't ready, I don't know, but they took it out on me. But it was hard to have sympathy for someone who got themselves into the terrible position they were in. I even showed up and let them use our movers (ON OUR DOLLAR) to get their stuff into storage. Any "thank you"? Nope. But can I just say, I LOVE MOVERS! They moved it all in, put the boxes in the right room, and made everything so much easier. Now it's just up to us to unpack it all. Seeing as Ryan and I are both back at work, it's probably not going to get done forever. So, I'm sorry, but completed pictures won't be coming for some time. I want to make sure they're perfect. The best part about our place? It's only 2.5 seconds from Jordan Landing (the HUGE shopping center with every store on the universe in it) I have a Walmart, Target, BAJIO!!, and all of my other favorite stores right down the street. :D

Picture explanation: Ryan didn't want to pour out the Koolaid (because he cherishes it so much), so he slowly drank it all day....The 3 kitties did so good! We had to lock them up while we loaded, and they just napped the whole time....and I'm super amazed with the movers and their ability to move our elliptical as if it weighed nothing.
After the move, my mom held a BBQ to thank everyone that helped and to celebrate Ryan's birthday. It was SO good. We even got to sing to him! (Pictures/Video to come)

(Day 130)
No comments:
Post a Comment