July 23, 2011

Fishin'!


Hey, what do ya know, we have internet!!

Today was incredibly exhausting, yet enjoyable. We started by rising at 5:00 (after having slept on an air mattress, which meant no sleep for me!) and then drove 2 hours to Jackson Lake to go fishing. Having not covered myself in bug repellent yet, I got out of the car and wrapped my upper body with my jacket to avoid getting eaten alive. I think it worked! If memory serves, I haven't been fishing in over ten years. We went out on the boat, so it was a different technique than I'm used to. Jan showed us all how it was done, by catching 5 fish. I caught 2, and Colton caught 3. Grandpa Moore's rule is that if you want to go fishing again, you have to clean your catch. I'd like to thank my hubby for taking one for the team, and gutting my fish for me. I don't know why, but I've been more squeamish than normal lately. After about 7 hours in the hot sun, I so badly wanted to jump into the freezing water...We're home now, and I've discovered that I have an awesome farmer's tan...and a burnt scalp. But I love getting sun, so no worries! I have lots of great pictures to share, but in an effort to avoid playing on the computer all night, trying to edit them all, I'll do it when we get home tomorrow. Sorry!

The only bad part of the day was when we got a rather sad phone call while out on the lake. Our sweet Junie has been diagnosed with Giardia. For those of you who aren't vets, that's an intestinal parasite. The worst part is that it can be spread to other cats AND humans. I feel like a terrible kitty mommy right now. I wanted nothing more than to just get up and go be with Junie when I heard this. Looks like we have quite the task on our hands when we get home. We get to completely disinfect the apartment and litter boxes, and PRAY that the other cats don't get it. We've got her on meds already, so hopefully she can pull through all right.



(Day 95)

No comments:

Post a Comment