I love that my kittens are selectively naughty. It just so happens that they always decide to be bad when it's my day off. Who cares about sleep, right?! Well, this morning I can say that I actually enjoyed the early interruption to my sleep. It was about 7 am when Ryan slid open the bathroom door. At first I was surprised at what I saw. There's Ryan, dripping wet, still covered in soap, holding sweet Junie...also covered in soap and water. She had this little smirk on her face, I swear! Ryan says to me, "Um, Nat, I think you may want to come and attend to Junie." I just burst out laughing. Turns out she decided that she was sick and tired of just watching us shower; she wanted to shower too. She's been getting progressively braver as the days go on. First she'd sit by the side of the shower, then she started to jump up onto the edge of the tub, then she would stick her head in to peek at what was going on, and then today she decided to jump in. She wanted to drink up the water in the drain so badly! Who cares that it was hot and soapy? Not Junie! I fear that this will become a daily occurrence, as have most of her other shenanigans. What I hate the most is that Willow seems to be going through this phase of wanting to be a copy cat (pun intended :P) and joined Junie and I in our shower this afternoon (Junie's second of the day). I think, perhaps, that Ryan and I created this issue. When we first got the kittens, we got a spray bottle so that we could spray them when they were being naughty, hoping that it would instill good habits. Well, that backfired! Junie doesn't seem fazed at all when we spray her. If we want to eat in peace, she just has to be locked away. Willow sometimes will act just as defiant, but we know that it's only because she thinks she needs to act like June. Luckily Willow still hates getting sprayed. As if having kittens join us in the shower wasn't enough, the really special part is all of the litter that is now EVERYWHERE! We keep a second litter box next to the toilet, since we lock them in the bathroom at night. Junie uses it as an additional few inches to assist her with jumping either onto the toilet or into the tub. Well, she also uses it as her landing zone when she jumps out. So her tiny paws go from being wet, to being wet AND covered in litter. She then proceeds to jump up onto the counter or track litter wherever she can manage. I feel like I spend all day vacuuming up litter! And I wouldn't be so upset about it if my vacuum wasn't such a piece of junk. But that's another story.


(Day 87)
No comments:
Post a Comment