May 2, 2011

TMI

(Me with my cranberry juice "medicine")

Today started off with me taking an early morning walk in the gorgeous weather, planning my day, and feeling inspired about all of the things I could fill it with.... It ended up with me sitting in the doctor's office. :( Being a nursing student, I can usually self-diagnose most of my conditions. Well, I was able to accurately diagnose today's health issue. I have a UTI. For those of you who don't know what that is, it stands for Urinary Tract Infection. Or to simplify it even more, it hurts REALLY BAD to pee. Haha! I told you it was TMI! Luckily I caught it in the early stages and was able to go and get an antibiotic today.

Here's what gets me. In addition to antibiotics, cranberry juice and fluids are very good at speeding up healing. Well, if it hurts so badly to pee, why do I want to be flooding myself with fluids? This next week or so is going to be miserable, but hopefully I can get some relief soon. Let's just be thankful that I'm not drinking a gallon of water a day, like I was a couple months ago. But, on a side note, my doctor was very proud of me for losing 10 pounds since I last saw him a month ago. :D

Oh, and on top of that, I think I over-did my ab workouts. I got so gung-ho about my new exercise ball, I did 300 sits up the first day. I've been paying for it ever since. I can't walk, talk, cough, sleep, or MOVE without my abs shooting with excruciating pain. Ryan is getting really sick of my complaining, and let me tell ya, I'm NOT getting any sympathy. I'm off to do today's workout (only one today, since I spent the afternoon at the doctor's) and I will most definitely not be touching my exercise ball again until I can breathe without pain.

(Day 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment