May 1, 2011

Teachers

While Ryan and I were getting ready for church, we got a call from the bishop, asking for us to meet with him before church. I automatically knew we were finally going to get a calling. For the next hour, Ryan and I sat and discussed what we thought it would be. I think our list of "don't wants" was larger than our list of "wants". Haha! We received a calling to be teachers of the Sunday school for the 12 & 13 year olds. I thought this was an appropriate age group for us. Suffice it to say, we're both absolutely terrified of having to teach, but I think it will be good for us. Poor kids though. They went from having a really cute, bubbly, upbeat couple who was teaching them, to having us; the shy, quiet, awkward Goodrich's.

I'm also proud that I even got a calling. Besides going through the temple, this is one of the most important things I've done in the church since I became active again. It feels good to know that my life is back on track, and the Lord saw fit to have me make a difference for some youth. I'm excited to see where this calling takes us.


(Day 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment