Today ended up being the exact opposite of what I'd planned it to be. For almost a month now, I've been trying to get us to go down to Thanksgiving Point to visit the Festival of Tulips. But Mother Nature has been fighting against us every weekend since it opened. I never knew it could snow so much in April!! We WERE going to go and take some Spring pictures with the tulips, go to the Draper Temple with my parents (it would have been my first time with them), and then we were going to go out to dinner. Lots of fun! But instead, everyone woke up to inches of snow. We tried to make the best out of the day, but admit it, can you really beat the day that I just laid out? No. No, you cannot. We ended up going to the grocery store (Woo! Exciting!), and then to the Bountiful Temple instead. We were also able to go and visit Ryan's parents for a few hours.
I had to take a picture of Ryan. This is typical of literally EVERY meal we have. He's a bit of a slow eater (that's an understatement :P) . Every time we eat over at his parent's house, the table is cleared and everybody has moved on to other things while Ryan is still eating. When we're at home, usually I'll sit and keep him company or do dishes, but I'm hoping to get him to speed up just a tad.
Ryan may be a slow eater, but this is my problem. I'm a skin-picker. I have so many cuts and burns on my arms, and I just have to pick at them. I don't know why, but I do! My legs look about the same. Ryan's taken to completely covering me in Band-aids every night to try to get me to stop...or at least give the wounds a chance at healing. If he sees me picking, I usually hear "NANNY, NO!" Haha! The fun part? When I roll around in bed at night (which I do a TON), the band-aids slowly peel off and take most of my hair with it.I guess the good news AND bad news is that I haven't lost any weight this week. As you know, I've been working my butt off everyday by doing double workouts. That's 40 minutes on the elliptical and 20 of weights/abs. I do that TWICE a day. Well, I guess I'm starting to gain muscle, because the scale stayed the same. But even though the scale didn't move, and my confidence dropped a little, I know I'm losing weight and toning up because I can actually SEE results. My back is slimming up, my arms are tighter, and my tummy isn't so, well, flabby. Ryan even stared at me for a few minutes while I was working out last night, and later admitted that he was noticing the changes to my body. I'm going to stick with the double workouts, and hopefully the muscle gain/weight loss ratio will balance out, and I can once again see the scale going down.

(Day 11)

No comments:
Post a Comment