April 24, 2011

Easter Excitement


Today was full of surprises. I'll run down the day:

It was a pretty typical day, but for some reason I felt like I was a little different. I haven't really "done" my hair since the wedding. By this I mean that when I get out of the shower, I just clip it back and let it air-dry. Today I felt prompted to actually blow-dry and straighten my hair. Then as we were walking out the door for church, I felt prompted to take some anxiety meds. And not just the normal dose. I took 3 times the dosage. We got to church and were enjoying the meeting when all of the sudden the bishop stands up and says "we're going to change the program a little bit. We'd like to invite Natalie Goodrich to share her testimony today." I about died! I've never once spoken in church, and our bishop has the habit of calling random ward members to share their testimony during Sacrament Meeting. I never thought it'd be me. When he said my name, I actually had to do a double-take.... "Did he really just say my name?!"... Ryan sat there and whispered "it's going to be okay, you'll do great" until it was time for me to go up. I don't recall what I said, I guess the Spirit was just talking, but I felt uplifted and peaceful when I was done. I guess I also feel blessed that I had the opportunity. I was confirmed as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Easter 5 years ago, so this was a special moment for me. I guess the Lord was trying to hint to me that I'd be doing a little more than just attending church today when He prompted me to look my best and take some anxiety meds. Haha!

After church we drove down to see my parents. The Easter bunny had stopped by and there was an Easter basket waiting for us. My mom, err, I mean the Easter bunny, is really good at filling the basket with silly things like stuffed animals, bouncy balls, and Play-Doh. Now that I think about it, Santa makes his stockings almost exactly the same. Could they be related? :P



We took some Easter/Springy pictures today. I made Ryan match me today, and I just had to get some pictures. Hope you enjoy!

(Click me!)

(Day 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment