Ryan starts school in a few weeks, and seeing as his school is an hour away from his work, we didn't want him driving down twice a week and using all our gas. Fortunately, the Frontrunner train picks him up less than a block from his work in Ogden, and can drop him off at a bus depot in Salt Lake. We decided that we wanted to give the route a test run today, so that he'd know what buses to use and how long it would take him. He's like me, and likes to know what he's doing before-hand. The trip to the bus depot was simple, but once we got there, that's when the trouble started. We didn't know what bus to take or how to pay. We didn't think to get cash, and didn't appreciate the fact that the drivers only take exact change. We only had $20 that we got at the ATM at the depot. :( We panicked and bought several passes in the automatic machines because we'd heard that some of them were transferable for the buses. To our surprise, the Frontrunner ticket that we bought for $7.50 was in fact transferable. So we wasted another $15 on useless tickets. We finally found the bus, got to Ryan's school, searched out where his classes would be, and started the trek home. We missed the returning train and had to wait another hour before the next one left. That was the longest hour of my life.
Onto Nanny and her sleep. I woke up at 9:30, but I was still groggy. Ryan was already up, so I sprawled out in the empty bed and accidentally fell back asleep. I didn't wake up again until 11. Oops! The long day of travels left me pooped out, so after we got home, I passed out for a few more hours. Angel curled up on the pillows next to me and settled in for a good nap. Ryan snuck a picture. :P My sleeping schedule has been really off lately. My depression makes me constantly tired, but my anxiety makes sleep impossible. I usually can't get to sleep until after midnight, and then once I'm asleep, I toss and turn. Because of the poor quality of my sleep, I find myself sleeping in really late into the day to make up for it. Sleep has become uncomfortable for me. I no longer enjoy it. So when times like this arise, and I'm able to pass out without anxiety, and I'm able to stay asleep for a few hours straight, I jump at them. It's draining me. :(
Frontrunner pass: $7.50
Extra useless tickets: $15.00
One very good nap: Priceless!
Extra useless tickets: $15.00
One very good nap: Priceless!


No comments:
Post a Comment