April 25, 2011

Atta Girl!

I just HAD to post about what I just did. For some reason I've been getting the urge to do my workouts in the afternoon instead of at night. So today I did my usual 40+ minutes, and then just now I did another 40+ minutes!! Since Ryan and I weren't able to go on our walk because of the storm, I felt bummed that I wasn't going to get a double workout. I feel so proud of myself for doing this today! Go me!!

A few posts back, I made a "wife wish list" that included everything that I want to make doing chores easier. Well, now I'm making a Workout Wish List. I've already got my elliptical, so I really just want things to make my weights a bit more productive. Let's begin:

1) A Large Exercise Ball: Seeing as I'm so large, I can't do much of a sit-up without assistance. My favorite is one of these workout balls. They give a killer ab workout, but they make it really easy.
2) Medicine Ball: When I was working with a personal trainer, she tortured me with these things. But oddly enough, it's what gave me the best results. She had me sit down, lean back, and swing a 10 pound medicine ball from side to side, making sure it hit the ground. It sounds easy, but try it before you assume. Right now I use a 10 pound dumbbell, and it's not the same.

I'm not entirely sure there are any other practical things that I want. Let's say, hypothetically, that Ryan and I were millionaires, I'd want a treadmill, a stair-stepper, a bike, and a plethora of arm and leg weight machines. But, I'll live for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment