October 30, 2015

One Witch, Three Little Monsters, and One Handsome Devil

I've literally been pondering what our little family would be for Halloween since before the twins were even born. And even having had so much time to think about it, I was still on the fence up until the last second. I was sort of kicking myself that we did Star Wars for Lilly's first Halloween, since that would have been perfect this year. In the end, I settled on Mario, since that seems to be the theme of our year. Lilly was Princess Peach, with the world's most awkward wig. Ryan was Waluigi, because being a good guy just doesn't suit him. The twins were Mario and Luigi, but I made sure that Ellie had a bright blue tutu and a flower on her hat, just so people would know she was a girl. And me, well, I was Yoshi. I spent weeks crocheting hats for everyone's costumes. They turned out perfectly! We went to my mom's ward's trunk-or-treat, and not only were the twins being gushed over, I was getting a lot of women asking me for my info, so I could make them hats and stuff later on. Marketing!! At that same event, a really sweet woman with a really nice camera, and some mad photography skills, decided to give us an impromptu photo shoot for the kids. We got some pretty great pictures to remember this Halloween by. Now I just have to start planning next year's theme!

I've included some pictures from my mom's annual Halloween dinner. We have fun every year, thinking up gross-looking foods. This year I was in charge of the deviled eggs (who were very devilish with their horns), and some spider cookies.

Lilly had a lot of fun at her preschool Halloween party. Her teacher sent me some pictures. Of course, Lilly looks super awkward in all of them. But she TELLS me she had fun. Ha!

And lastly, we had a blast at Ryan's work party. Every year, the entire building participates. There are 4 floors, and each floor picks a theme and TOTALLY goes all out with decorating. Like ALL OUT! Ryan's floor chose Star Wars as their theme this year, so I dressed the twins up as Princess Leia and an Ewok. They didn't really enjoy themselves, mostly because the cool foggy effect from the smoke machines set off the fire alarms. So we had to carry the babies, in their wagon, up each flight of stairs, all the while trying to ignore the blaring alarm going off. Lilly had fun playing lightsabers with all the bad guys, though.

Most awkward wig ever, right?! The babies wouldn't keep on their stick-on mustaches, so we stuck them to their binkies. 



Ryan made him do this, since Mario rides Yoshi in the game. 


She did this all by herself. Suddenly we turned around and she was making "grass angels"


The wig was bugging her, so I pulled it back into a ponytail, making it that much worse looking. 

My mom told her to have some sass. She doesn't know what that means, so this is all we got. 

That's my favorite little smile!!!





Getting them both to not only look at the camera at the same time, but SMILE too is the hardest thing in the world. 






PRESCHOOL PARTY




DADDY'S WORK PARTY




When she "killed" him, she yelled out "I got him!" and ran off. 


This guy jumped out and scared Lilly so badly, she fell to the ground. 

The only smiles I could get out of our ewok were when I was walking behind Ryan, making him laugh. Other than that, he was so cranky. 



This was the Candy Land floor. Lilly liked hopping from square to square....leaving little holes from her heels. Haha! 










Alice in Wonderland Floor. Lilly said this one was her favorite.
There was also a Willy Wonka floor, but I didn't take pictures for some reason.





They needed a bath, so before we could go to the party, I threw them in the sink. I'd say they liked it. 





Cream cheese brain with raspberry chipotle spread. SOOOOO good! 

I couldn't get the horns to look, well, horny, so I just gave up. 

Our dead man. Brain, ribs, sausages as guts, and chicken nuggets and wings, since that makes a whole lotta sense. 


That's my typical view, as my clingy Dinker-do tries to climb up my leg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment