October 28, 2015

The Twins at 10 Months

Still to this day, I can't believe we have twins. And most of the time, I find myself thinking back to a year ago, when I was still miserably pregnant with them, in awe that they are here and growing up so fast. Time definitely has been flying! Last year around this time, I was waddling around in my Minion Halloween "costume," and this year, I'll be pulling a wagon from door to door, with my little Mario and Luigi babies. I guess a person just never gets over the shock of twins..

The twins are now 10 months old. I'll give an update on each twin, separately. Let's start with Ellie. 

Ellie is my sweetie. She's the mellow one out of the two. We've gone back and forth with who has been more mellow, but for now, it's Ellie. She loves to give hugs and kisses (and I LOVE getting them). She's content just sitting on the floor in one spot, either playing with a toy or just watching the world go by. She gets picked on a lot by Link. He loves to take her toys and hit her with them. We're working on this... Ellie crawls with a stiff leg out to the side and it always gets a laugh (by both of us). She has the silliest little scrunched smile that shows off her cute bottom teethies, and she loves to randomly join in on laughter whenever others are laughing. We're still waiting for her vampire tooth to pop out. I can see it starting, but it's taking its sweet time. Ellie is most definitely going to be my blankie girl, like Lilly. If there's a blanket on the floor, she'll crawl over to it and just lay her head down. It melts my heart. As sweet as she is, she isn't shy to show that she is indeed a very emotional woman at times. She'll be the first to let you know she's mad or hungry, and she has a very specific ear-piercing pterodactyl screech to let you know. One of her favorite things is to eat anything she finds on the floor. Just the other day, I noticed she was chewing on something for some time, just to pull out a long piece of yarn. She's handled her ear piercing as if it never happened. I think her pierced ears are going to be the only way to get people to realize she's a girl, since it doesn't look like her hair will be coming in any time soon. Goodness, I love my Ellie-belly!

Now Link. He's a complicated little man. He's DEFINITELY a mommy's boy, and everyone comments on it. At times this need to be with me constantly is really frustrating and hard to deal with, but at other times, I can't get enough. He is such a sweetie! One of my favorite things in the entire world is to lay down on the floor and wait as the babies stampede over to me. They'll crawl all over me, kiss me to death. smack me a little, and inspect every hole on my face. But if I'm sitting, Link will literally climb up my lap and lay his head on my shoulder. If I talk to him, he'll look up at me and give me the cutest grin. A grin that I think he saves just for me. He does, however, hit a cranky period around 3 or so, and it's hard to hold him off until bedtime sometimes. He and Ellie are both still just crawling and seem to be moving towards walking at the same rate. Link loves to climb up everything and get into anything he shouldn't. Link seems to have an unfair advantage in the hair department. He has a ton of blonde hair on the back of his head, and it's a bit mullety. I refuse to cut it because it's so dang cute. His mullet, paired with his new buck tooth, make for one cute little dork. He just melts my heart and he knows it!

Their monthiversary pictures didn't go so well. I painted their bums to look like pumpkins and thought for sure it would be easy to get a picture of them just standing. Instead, we couldn't get them to stand, couldn't get them to stop screaming, Lincoln peed all over my planter, and to top things off, he decided to take a nose-dive into the flower bed, scraping his face on my Halloween sign, before I caught him. Poor guy has a really ugly looking scrape on his face. I worked so hard on carving their names into some pumpkins, and I didn't even get good pictures. Such is my life with twins. I still can't believe they're almost 1!! And yes, I'm already planning their birthday party.

Ryan was holding them both up (as they were screaming), and I had to count to three and click away as he jumped out of the picture. Yes, we only got this one. 

Don't let the cuteness fool you. She was NOT happy. 


This was round 2....same results









These are the best pictures I can get of Link's buck tooth. It's definitely a Griffin tooth! 


No comments:

Post a Comment