October 15, 2015

Crocheting

My most recent obsession started way back in 7th grade, when I learned how to knit in Home Ec. class. Then in 9th grade, I learned how to knit hats on a loom. In fact, I knitted and donated so many hats to homeless shelters, it was what got me hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarship money for college. But I always felt incomplete. I wanted to CROCHET! But I didn't know anyone that could, and more recently, didn't think I'd have time or energy to start to learn. 

Decorating the house was done, so I needed something to fill my spare time. I decided to jump right in. I started watching YouTube videos, and after a week, I had mastered crocheting! Or so I thought. There's always more to be discovered. I started with making little whales, and gradually got bigger and more adventurous with my projects. After posting my items for sale on my Facebook page, I've proudly made several hundred dollars! I even have a friend who ordered a ton of "gone fishing" themed items to decorate her Festival of Trees tree this year. I'm definitely going to have to go this year to see my hard work on display!!

I absolutely LOVE this new hobby of mine. I'm always trying new things. I haven't been able to try some of the new patterns I've recently got, since I have so many orders piling up, and a handful of Halloween add-ons for our costumes. But trust me, you'll be seeing a lot of my work posted here on the blog. Once things calm down, I'll finally be able to open my Etsy shop, Nanny's Knots, and then all can enjoy!!!



Ellie's mobile

A friend ordered these to announce that she's pregnant

I made this lovey for my new niece Eleanor 

One of my first projects. This little Ewok is the cutest! 


A friend placed an order for a bunch of zoo animals

Vintage Piglet. I haven't done Winnie yet, since I've been so busy


Cowgirl boots. I have an obsession with lovies and boots. I think those may be my main focus. 


Everything for the "Gone Fishing" tree

Lilly's lovey

Link's lovey


Ellie's lovey

Dragon lovey

A pillow for Lilly's room


Zebra lovey

Winnie the Pooh set. This is a popular buy

This is Ryan's Link hat, but I think Lilly wears it better 


My dad had a special request. He was going to be flying out to South Carolina to see the Notre Dame vs. Clemson game with Jack, since Jack is now a student at Clemson. Jack has taken a liking to one of Susan's dogs, named Ernie, and my dad wanted me to crochet him a sweater. Half Notre Dame and half Clemson. This dang sweater was SO hard, since the pattern I had was so poorly written. I just had to go off on my own and make stuff up. In the end, it only took me the ENTIRE cruise to finish, but it turned out amazingly and fit perfectly. Phew! 





No comments:

Post a Comment