Our first two weeks at home with the twins have been a roller coaster. As I stated before, we both really struggled for the first few days. I've been trying to find a balance of normalcy with keeping everyone in the same routine we had before. It's certainly been helping. I don't think things will feel "right" again until we move into our own house. Being stuck in a dark basement certainly isn't helping with things...
As for the babies, we've come to discover lots about their personalities. Lincoln is the most laid-back baby ever! He never cries and he'd sleep all day without eating if we'd let him. He didn't even cry when he had his heal pricked for his PKU test. Ellie, however, is a completely different baby. I knew almost immediately when we got home that something was off about her. She always seemed to be super uncomfortable after eating, pulling her legs up, whining, and gagging. After taking her to the pediatrician, we discovered she had Silent Reflux. They put her on some medication, but nothing seems to have changed yet. I'm praying it starts working soon, otherwise we're going to have to dive into more serious treatment. Until then, you can guarantee that I'm an overly-protective mom, always holding her to make her feel better.
Lilly is still in love with her babies. If I'm not careful, I'll hear her say "I'm gonna get her," and I'll turn to find her trying to pick one of them up. She loves to snuggle with them when we're on the couch, and she's the world's best binky fetcher when they start crying. We sure did get lucky with how great she's been with them.
 |
| She just told them "I'm your big stister" |
 |
| Linky likes to lift his head and attempt jumping out of arms. |
 |
| Their first time meeting was tiring. |
 |
| Daddy's been trying to spend more time with Lilly. She got to make her first snowman! |
 |
| Snickers thinks the babies are her puppies. |
 |
| Willow likes to sit on the babies... |
 |
| Making banana bread with my two girls. |
 |
| We call him the Old Man |
 |
| Ellie, making my favorite face |
 |
| Lilly's preschool had Frozen Day, so she got to dress up |
 |
| Two week checkup. They go to the same pediatrician that I went to. |
 |
| Sink baths! |
 |
| Ellie LOVED the sink bath. She's so uncomfortable all the time, I just let her soak, since it seemed to make her feel better. |
No comments:
Post a Comment