Transitioning into my mom's house has been pretty smooth. Most days, Lilly and I just hang out in my mom's office with her. Lilly loves getting to steal grandma's seat and glasses whenever she can, getting to make calls on her phone, and getting to watch Despicable Me 400 times a day. Our only issue has been sleeping. The first few nights were normal. Lilly went to bed at 7 and woke up at 7. Then, out of the blue, she started fighting bedtime and would get up at 5:30. Bedtime doesn't happen unless I read her every book we own (it doesn't help that I just went to Barnes & Noble and spent a small fortune on about 20 books), and sing her "You Are My Sunshine" 50 times. We've also tried to put her to bed a little later each night, with no translation of sleeping in. I'm sure we'll figure out the magic combination soon enough, but until then, we're all a bit tired.
.JPG) |
| Walking to church |
.JPG) |
| Lilly's really good at making pictures awkward |
.JPG) |
| I feel like a little kid again every time I match my mom. Lilly wouldn't look at the camera because the sun was blinding |
.JPG) |
| "I stole grandma's glasses!" |
.JPG) |
| Doing our final walk through at the old place. Lilly had her first corner timeout |
.JPG) |
| We got a new video monitor that allows us to talk to Lilly. The first time we used it, she freaked out. She thought it was a monster. Once we convinced her that it was just mommy, she gets out of bed, flicks on her light, and says "hi, mommy". Backfire! |
.JPG) |
| Lilly's pretty excited about her new park. |
.JPG) |
| Since we're living here for free, we try to help around the house as much as we can. This is my mom, scolding Ryan for mowing the lawn for her. Ha! |
.JPG) |
| All of the sudden I heard her saying "mommy, Yay-yay fall down!" She didn't really fall down... |
.JPG) |
| My mom couldn't find Lilly, so she went on the hunt. She found her in her office, in her chair, wearing her glasses, and talking on the phone. Kid you not, this is exactly how she found her. |
.jpg) |
| I came out of my shower to find that Lilly had discovered the toilet paper. |
No comments:
Post a Comment