August 26, 2014

29 and All Mine

Saturday was Ryan's 29th birthday! I didn't have much planned because I wanted to give Ryan a chance to choose what he wanted to do. Jack and Susan took Lilly for the day, so Ryan and I had a lovely day of just us. I got up at 4 AM and couldn't sleep, so I got started on making him his favorite chocolate chip muffins and bacon for breakfast, decorated a little, and then Lilly and I took him breakfast. Then presents.

Since he's on a golfing tangent right now, Ryan's presents included his own golf clubs, an automatic putter, a huge box of ONLY blue Airheads (he has a problem), and a "Real Men Make Twins" shirt. There's one more thing, but it hasn't come yet. He seemed to like his gifts, but I think Lilly likes the putter the most. She gives Ryan a run for his money and seems to be training him for golfing on even the most difficult courses. She likes to stand in front of him while he puts, legs spread wide, and when he shoots, she hurries and closes them to catch the ball.

Once Lilly was off with Jack and Susan, we kept up with the golfing theme of the day. We went and shared a bucket of balls at the hitting range. I'd never golfed before, so Ryan taught me all his tricks. Holy cow, I suck at golfing. I did warm up towards the end, and was hitting quite well. I could see this being a hobby that we both get carried away with.

Later than night for dinner, I took Ryan to Rodizio Grill in Trolley Square. I can't say that we loved the experience, but it was nice to fill our tummies with lots of meat, and not have a toddler to look after during dinner. Once we had our naughty toddler back, we took her home for cake. She got to help daddy blow out his candles, and then proceeded to dig into the cake. I'd say it was a good birthday for everyone!


She thought his card was funny


He'll be lucky if he ever gets to practice putting without Lilly standing in front


Please notice his form. What I like to call "the right way"


This is golf, right?
My first time hitting. I have terrible form. Oh, and DON'T wear sandals while golfing.



Eating a chicken heart. He always does this! I hate having to kiss him after that.

I had a silly cake made for him. It wasn't enough, so I went on the hunt for a little girl doll, and found the perfect one. She's holding a bear, just like Lilly!! I told the cake maker that he didn't have the best shot, so she put golf balls all over the cake.




Digging in

Lilly got to go swimming with Jack and Susan. Susie did her hair so cute!!

These two videos show my first time golfing, and me at my best. Embarrassing!
From that....to this....

No comments:

Post a Comment