A week before the move, Ryan and I were lounging in bed, Lilly was quietly playing in her room, and I remember thinking about how nice it was that it had been about 30 minutes of quiet. As if asking for trouble, just then, Lilly came walking into our room, decked out in all of her "pretties" and covered in an unknown red substance. We both jumped up and ran to see what she managed to cover herself in. My first thought was "OH NO! She killed one of the kitties!"
When we got into her room, we discovered that the source of the red/pink massacre was a tube of lipstick. Where on earth did she get this lipstick?! I don't wear lipstick, and I certainly don't store it in her room. She tore apart all of the drawers of her dresser and then proceeded to use them as her canvas. Luckily, the lipstick came off all the wood. The trick was getting it off of her and the carpet....and Junie. Both of the cats were sitting on the changing pad, watching (and probably laughing at) Lilly color her room, and it would seem that Lilly reached up to grab Junie, because one of her white paws was pink. Turns out, hot water and dish soap removes lipstick from carpet, but getting it to completely come off a toddler means lots of waiting and telling people that you don't hit your child, it's just lipstick that covers her legs.

No comments:
Post a Comment