So, I don't have many pictures from this day. Mostly because I was throwing up most of the morning, and sitting in the car with a sleeping baby for the rest of the time. We were able to take our time getting up that morning. Lilly, as always, didn't sleep in, so we headed up to breakfast at like 7. Everyone else was sleeping, so it was just Ryan, Lilly, and I. The few bites of pancakes with legit maple syrup that I was able to fit in my sensitive tummy, were DELICIOUS! After breakfast, we packed up the room, and headed out for another day of touristing.
Right as we loaded up the car, Jack and Susan were complaining about being hungry, so we decided to go out for breakfast....second breakfast for us. On the way, I made a public apology to everyone in the car for the fact that I was indeed going to vomit. I carry little bags in my purse for such moments, and was able to hold off until we parked at a restaurant. I rushed everyone out of the car and then got sick. Jack thought it was funny to watch. I felt MUCH better, but was hungry again. Thank goodness we were stopping for breakfast. I kept it simple with toast and fruit. Easy on the tummy. Lilly shared pancakes with grandpa, had a huge blowout, and then fell asleep with daddy in the booth.
Phase two of the day was visiting the Craigdarroch Castle. I'd been before a few years ago while on a cruise, so I volunteered to stay in the car with a sleeping Lilly. I think we were in there for over an hour, but I wouldn't know, since I fell asleep too. When everyone got back to the car, we let Lilly out to run around in the grass for a bit. We had a returning ferry to catch, so we ran to Subway for lunch and then off to the boat. To get back to Seattle, it's a 1.5 hour ferry ride to Port Angeles, then an hour long drive to Bainbridge Island, then another (thankfully shorter 30 minute) ferry ride to Seattle. By this point we were starving, so we stopped for BBQ at mine and dad's favorite place in Issaquah. Lilly ate all of about 3 bites of her mac and cheese, while everyone else gorged themselves on ribs and chicken. Early to bed that night, more road trips in the morning...


No comments:
Post a Comment