June 15, 2014

And We're Off

My Saturday morning started bright and early at 3 AM. I had so much on my mind, and was thinking about everything that still needed to be done before leaving that morning, so I just decided to get up and get started. And I'm glad I did, because I was able to take my time and got everything done before having a complete there's-not-enough-time breakdown.

When I went to get Lilly up that morning, I gently stroked her back and said "Lilly, do you want to go on a trip?" She instantly sat up in bed and said "AIRPAIN!" We stopped off to grab Jack and Susan, and then headed to the airport to catch our airpain. Lilly did really well on the plane, and it wasn't until we met up with dad that I noticed a few more sick clues. As we were loading up the car, I noticed that she had a really bad canker sore on her lip. It manifested in record time, during the flight. So far, all my mommy detective clues were making a long list: fever, SUPER irritable Lilly, SUPER swollen gums, canker sore, not eating... 

I won't lie. The first 3 days that we were in Seattle were hell. THE worst. Our first stop, as always, was Pike's Market. We got the obligatory Hom Bows, ogled (and even bought) the flowers, and then decided to take Susan to see the Space Needle. That's when Lilly crashed. All morning, she was glued to me. She wouldn't let my dad even talk to her without throwing a fit. It was so bad, I actually had to start apologizing for how cranky she was being. When we were in the Space Needle, she lost it. Instead of enjoying the views, I spent the whole time cuddled up with her to avoid her screaming when I tried to put her down. I was so aggravated. 

My dad wanted to go to our favorite fish and chips place for dinner that night, and, yet again, I spent the whole time holding Lilly. I only got a few bites of dinner, because it was too hard to eat with her glued to me. We were supposed to meet up with my cousin and his wife after dinner, but Ryan and I backed out so we could get Lilly home, and to avoid passing along whatever sickness Lilly had onto their newborn. Putting Lilly to bed that night was such a relief...


Just wanted to hold daddy's hand
She loved getting her own seat. Even her bears had to be seat-belted with her.

SO funny! Ryan asked for a Dr. Pepper, and the flight attendant brought him a whole can. Jack got all excited and asked for the same, and the guy totally forgot to bring him his drink. This is Jack's sad face.
Mt. St. Helen and Mt. Rainier 


This is her donut face...whatever that means
We always stop for these tiny donuts. This time they had maple donuts, and I was in HEAVEN!



Getting to buy the flowers! $10 for this entire bouquet!
It's always such a struggle for me to not sit and munch on all the berries. 






Crashing
Sleepless in Seattle....literally
Spud's Fish & Chips in West Seattle. SOOOOOO good.
Little sicky

No comments:

Post a Comment