I was able to go to the gym on Monday and Tuesday, but was struggling with Tuesday. I've been noticing that I've been extremely dizzy, lightheaded, and that my fatigue, which I thought had subsided a bit, is back even worse. It wasn't until Tuesday afternoon that my doctor called and helped explain a lot of my symptoms. A conversation is never good when it starts off "well, there are a few test results that we need to talk about..."
She first started by telling me that my blood platelet count is low. Which means that I can't have an epidural unless it goes up. I can apparently try and raise it by eating red fruits and vegetables. Good, because I've been craving strawberries like crazy. The second piece of news was that I have hypothyroidism. I don't really feel like explaining what that means, so Google it. But it would explain my lifelong weight battle, and my current battle with fatigue and an overall feeling of yucky. This is the condition that worries me. I can try to boost my thyroid by eating dairy, working out more, yada, yada, yada, but if I'm unable to change it, it can cause the babies some issues. So, I've been taking more iron to combat the dizziness, doubling my B-12 intake, and eating cheese, yogurt, and strawberries like a mad woman. Prayers would be appreciated.
Anyway, outside of the medical mumbo-jumbo, basically I'm just really sick and REEEEAAAALY tired. Like, walking to the car feels like running a marathon. I feel guilty about how down I've been. Lilly has been a trooper. I'll lay down on the couch after breakfast, turn on Elmo to distract her, and then doze off. She leaves me alone and doesn't pester me. Occasionally she'll stick her face as close as she can to mine and say "hi, mommy!" or I'll hear her whispering "mommy sleeping." I wish I could be doing more with her, because as it is, she doesn't get out at all. She should be playing at the park, going swimming, and visiting family, but instead, she plays alone inside all day while mommy lays on the couch. My doctor will determine if medical intervention is needed on my next visit in 3 weeks, and I'm hoping she can get me on some meds to help with the fatigue. I want to enjoy this time alone with Lilly before the twins come.
![]() |
| Sorry, no makeup. I feel too yucky these days to care about even putting pants on. You're lucky I got dressed for this picture. |


Oh my gosh! Twins! How exciting! And by the way, you look beautiful!
ReplyDelete