I woke up this morning with an unexpected surge of happiness flowing through me. I was like "okay, today is going to be a good day! Let's clean, let's have fun, let's get out of the house..." All sorts of fun things were going through my head. And then, when I saw how pretty it was outside, I knew staying at home and doing nothing was NOT going to happen.
Ryan decided to take us to the Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival. It's the last weekend that it's open, so we didn't want to miss out. We went around 9:30, and it was absolutely perfect. Very little people, cool, sunny weather, and Lilly was in her prime. It was a day meant for us! The tulips were stunningly beautiful. Lilly had a blast getting to run free amongst them. I think her favorite part was getting to feed the koi fish at the pond. I'm so glad that we went when we did, because as we were leaving, we had the hardest time getting to the exit because of how many people were pouring in. It was packed and we were more than happy to be leaving the crowds behind. It was a perfect day!
 |
| Flashback to 2011. |
 |
| Rockin' those shades, baby! |
 |
| Smelling the flowers |
 |
| Picture evidence that Lilly's cuteness draws in all of the grandmas and grandpas. We don't know this woman, but Lilly was so friendly to her, she just had to stop to chat. |
 |
| I asked her to wave |
 |
| Throwing food to the fishies |
 |
| Don't worry, Ryan was right there, ready to prevent a goose attack |
 |
| Gotta love her frizzy hair |
 |
| I was just about to tell her not to splash in the puddle, but I figured, what the heck? |
 |
| She's still obsessed with ants, and kept trying to find bugs amongst the flowers. |
 |
| Perfect family picture! |
No comments:
Post a Comment