May 14, 2014

Better Than Expected

Having Lilly sleep in a bed has been going really well. Much better than I thought it would go. She sleeps through the night with no issues. The problems come when it's time for naps. Lilly's really good at tricking me into thinking that she's going to obey me when I tell her to stay in bed. She tells me she loves me, gives me a kiss, waves me goodbye, and then, when I shut the door, she lets down the "good girl" facade and gets out of bed. We installed one of the security cameras in the room, so we can see what she does when she's pretending to nap. The first day, I went in about 6 times, each time tucking her back in and telling her to stay in bed. The second I would shut the door, she was instantly out of bed. I decided just to let it go. She was being quiet, and not hurting anything. The first day a nap didn't happen because she was too busy playing. Yesterday she played, cried for a bit, and then fell asleep on the floor. Today, she played for about 10 minutes and then passed out on the floor. She seems to prefer the floor to the bed. Oh well, a nap is a nap. My only complaint is that floor naps seem to cut nap time down from 2 hours to about 30 minutes. I don't know about Lilly, but I'm certainly feeling the lack of sleep. I usually try and lay down for a snooze while she's napping, so I'm not enjoying the nearly-nonexistent mommy naps. 

She stared at and poked the camera 
This was from today. She sat and waited for me to come and get her
She knows the camera is there, and was looking at me like "MOM, come and get me!!"
Is she moving out? Packing up her pack-pack
Taking Bear-bear for a stroll
Yesterday
This looks like the scene of a crime

No comments:

Post a Comment