April 4, 2014

Lots-o-teeth

Yesterday just had a teethy theme about it. First was our adventure to the dentist! We (as in, "my family") have been seeing the same dentist since I had my first tooth. Our dentist has now seen 3 generations of Griffins! Lilly's first trip to the dentist wasn't anything spectacular. They let her lay on me while they tried to get her to open her mouth, but she didn't want anyone near her. So, instead, she got to watch both mommy and daddy get their teeth cleaned. They said it's fairly typical that kids that little won't cooperate, but that this visit is just to get the acclimated to a dentist and the chair. Oh, and no cavities for me!!

After the dentist and a quick lunch, we took Lilly to the new aquarium. (Round two of our teeth-themed day, with all the sharks!!) I had big hopes for this trip, but it kind of fizzled for me. Don't get me wrong, the facility is great, but not at all what I expected. Considering what we paid, I thought we'd get more than an hour and a few exhibits out of it. Kudos to them for getting a beautiful, new, big facility, but maybe they should get enough animals to fill it. Bigger space with the same amount of animals that they had in the small space, seemed dumb. They took so long to build the place, I thought they'd do more with it. More than half of the exhibits weren't occupied yet, so Lilly kept running up to them all excitedly, just to look at nothing. She did, however, LOVE the sharks and penguins. She would stick her face up to the glass of the penguin exhibit and yell "QUACK, QUACK, QUACK!" 

In the end, I think we could have saved ourselves $30 and the headache of maneuvering around a billion other people, and just gone to see the fish at Petco. We thought we were being clever, going on a Thursday, but I think everyone else decided to be "clever" too. It was packed!! It took us nearly 30 minutes to just get inside. Lilly, ironically, has the attention span of a gold fish, so we were in and out pretty quickly. We had lots of fun, though, and Lilly can't stop talking about all the sharks she saw. 
I used to play in this little corner when I was little. 


"whoa!"
She loved that they had a TV

Bear-bear got his teeth cleaned, too
Holding daddy's hand 
They gave her a tattoo, so while Ryan got his teeth cleaned, she was the tattoo artist.

Cleaning daddy's teeth her HER take-home toothbrush

"It's okay, daddy, don't cry"
She preferred this chair to the exam chair



All clean!


This was literally the first picture I took. She was so excited, she ran up to the first stranger she found, and said "FISHIES!!!"



She loved getting to see the "Nemos"








Giving the penguin a hug




Otters
Waving at the otters
Petting the whale...

And hugging the whale. My camera wasn't fast enough to capture the kiss, but yes, she did kiss it, too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment