So, I think Mr. Punxsutawney Phil was full of hot air when he said we'd have 6 more weeks of Winter this year. Seems like only the East coast is holding up to that prediction. The past few days have been so incredibly beautiful, it's a shame we haven't taken advantage of it more. Yesterday I was so tired, I couldn't even manage making the bed. Today, however, I dusted off all the window shades when I pulled them open to let in all the Springy sunshine. It's been doing wonders for my mood. Which is good, because I'm super tired and not always as cheery as I should be. It doesn't help that this is week two of skipping the gym. Lilly's dang cold just insists on hanging around.
Sometimes when I see all the other mothers in our complex out playing with their kids or going for walks, it makes me feel like a bad mom. Lilly doesn't get out much, unless we go to the gym, and that's only for about an hour. I'd let her out to play in the grass more if people would pick up after their dogs. Something about having Lilly play in and track dog poop into my house just makes me keep her inside. That and the fact that the playground is always so packed, I can't find a good time to take her. Okay, those may be excuses, but they get the best of me sometimes. I'm trying to get better.
I know it's technically only February, but in my mind, it may as well be April. For the past month or so, I've been spending my allowance on Easter/Spring decorations for my shelf. This dang shelf is going to be the death of me, financially. I decided to ignore the month, and just put everything up anyway, since they make me happy, and St. Patrick's Day is a stupid holiday worth skipping anyway.
Once my mood lifted a little, I decided to let Lilly (and the kitties) out to play on the patio. It was nice and shaded, warm, and perfect for relaxing. Lilly busied herself with coloring...on everything. There's pencil marks on all the outside furniture now. I spent most of my time enjoying the warm sun on my skin, but also worrying that the cats were going to jump off the balcony. Eventually they both just layed out in the sun, but only in quick bursts, since Lilly kept trying to play with them.
With that being said, I'm sure tomorrow will be snowy and cold, just to make me look stupid...
.JPG) |
| Miss Piggy after her bath |
 |
| Playing with her baby and being a goof. I especially love that she craddles the baby oh so gently |
 |
| I fell in love with these gray daisies |
 |
| Got the last "Bunny" set at Desseret Book |
 |
| Cute owl measuring spoons |
 |
| A lot of this was from the dollar section at Target, thank goodness. And I'm glad I got them so early, because I went back to get more, and most everything was sold out. |
.JPG) |
| Found these cute chalkboard sticks at Michael's for $1. And I'm currently going through a decorative straw phase... |
.JPG) |
| I hung all of the lanterns and pom poms from Susan's bridal shower. |
.JPG) |
| She insisted on wearing three bows. |
Everyone getting out of their car or walking by got a greeting from Lilly
.JPG) |
| Such a weirdo |
.JPG) |
| I literally JUST took this picture while typing out this post. I turned around to see why Lilly was saying "don't touch" over and over, and she was glaring at me. Ha!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment