Yesterday was full of much-needed shopping time with my mom and Lilly, or "Yay-Yay" as I've started to call her now. We hit up TWO Walmarts in search of some toys for my mom. I'll admit, I started this hunt when I gifted her a Christmas gift that included the infamous "collect all 49!" saying on the box. We struck out at both Walmarts and Toys-R-Us. Granted, I didn't leave Toys-R-Us empty-handed. I stumbled upon a Sesame Street sandwich press that actually toasts Elmo and Cookie Monster's faces into the bread. The best part? It only cost me $7!! Score! Yes, it worked perfectly and Lilly enjoyed eating Elmo's cheesy goodness. No, I didn't get a picture, and I'll regret it every day of my life.
Adding some fun to today, I finally decided to assemble the table and chairs set that I got Lilly for Christmas. Mostly I'm just trying to free up some space in our closet (and apparently clutter up the dining area more) To say that she loved it is a bit of an understatement. She literally spent all afternoon sitting at the table with her stuffed animals, having conversations and eating snacks. She's thrilled that it's just her size.
.JPG) |
| Looking at the fish at Walmart, and asking her "What does a fishy say?" |
.JPG) |
| She was getting sick of sitting still, so we let her push the cart....into everything. |
.JPG) |
| At Toys-R-Us, she experienced her first ever ride on one of the quarter machines. She wasn't sure about it at first, but by the end, she was screaming and crying "DOGGY!!" as we made her leave the store. |
.JPG) |
| Okay, so this picture warms my heart a little more than it should. It epitomizes the true love that Lilly has for her bear, and shows why my little girl is such a sweetheart. |
.JPG) |
| Since daddy herniated a disc in his back, mommy gets to be the horse now. Apparently I make a good nap time spot, too. |
.JPG) |
| Um, yeah, I think her face describes how happy this table makes her. Oh, and please direct your attention to her AWESOME Spongebob jammies. I got them for one reason, and one reason only....to make Ryan mad. It worked!! |
.JPG) |
| She wanted to snuggle with me while I attempted to get a snooze on the couch |
.JPG) |
| I had Ryan take this picture to show the world how hard it is to eat when you become a mom. If I eat on the couch, Lilly insists on being up in my face, mooching off every single bite. |
.JPG) |
| The hardest decision I'll have to make is whether I want to eat Elmo or Cookie Monster. |
No comments:
Post a Comment