January 29, 2014

Girly-Girl

Before we even had Lilly, I knew any of my children would be bald, and eventually get the light blonde hair that I once sported as a kid. Lilly didn't disappoint! For most of her life, our darling baby girl has been mistaken for a boy because of her lack of hair. My mom and I have commented countless times about how we can't wait until we can put that cute hair up into piggy tails. Since Lilly's hair has only just started to grow, I took advantage this weekend and attempted the piggies! It was tough, since Lilly doesn't like me pulling at her hair, but after giving her some jelly beans, she allowed me enough time to finish. Oh. My. Heck. I didn't know my Lilly could get any cuter, but, alas, the piggies do it! SOOOO cute!

Then, tonight, she allowed me to paint her nails. She's been noticing that my toe nails are painted, and will pretend to color them with her pen. Surprisingly, she sat still and WANTED me to paint her nails. The issue was in the drying. How do you get a little girl to sit still while her nails dry? We tried our best, but she ended up leaving to play alone in her room, only to return a few minutes later, saying "uh oh!". When I asked her what was wrong, she said "uh oh, toes!" Sure enough, right down the center of each big toe was a line where she had scrapped off the polish. Ha! They're not perfect, but boy are her bright pink toes and fingers cute!

Eating her jelly beans or not amused? Both, I think....

CUUUUUUTE!



Since I played with her hair, I let her brush out mine. 


We debuted Lilly's pig tails at Joel's birthday party. 

She kept holding out the same finger, saying "fwinga!"


Ryan just barely missed the picture of her pulling her foot up to her mouth so that she could blow on her toes





No comments:

Post a Comment