January 10, 2014

2nd Hardest...

One year ago today, I set out on a life-long journey, to combat my already life-long battle with weight. As I think back on having to give up all my favorite foods, not being able to eat more than 4 ounces of food at one time, giving up soda, and having to let go of what comforted me most in difficult times, I'm glad that I did. Having placed a child for adoption, I can't claim that this is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it definitely takes 2nd. I'm still not used to my new body and how it works...something that drives Ryan absolutely nuts every time I get sick after eating.

But, one year later, and I'm down 100 pounds, 6 pant sizes, and UP a whole-lotta confidence. A side effect from the drastic weight loss was losing a ton of my hair. That wasn't fun. The saggy arms and tummy are no fun either, but knowing that I can play with Lilly without getting tired, is all worth it. My health is more important to me than anything else. I can't thank everyone who helped me out through this process enough, especially my sweet Ryan. Trust me, he's had to deal with a lot, and he's supported me 100% of the way. I still have a lot of work to do to get to my goal, but I know that with the love all around me, I can do it. 

Some of my favorite things that have come from losing 100 pounds have been:

* pulling  out old outfits, that I gave up on LONG ago, and putting them on to find that they not only fit, but are way too big.

* getting to run up the stairs to the apartment, and feeling LIGHT on my feet

* COLLAR BONES! Only fat people will get this, but having my collar bones show again is one of my favorite things. 

* Looking at pictures of myself, and not completely hating what I see

* Actually ENJOYING going to the gym, and wondering if I need to change up my workout because it feels too easy

* Reading the "weight limit" signs on machines and rides, and knowing that I'm officially UNDER the limit

* Actually weighing what my driver's license says I weigh. It's sad, but yes, I fibbed by 100 pounds. 




No comments:

Post a Comment