December 4, 2013

Snow Day

Getting sick couldn't have been timed more perfectly. Had I been sick yesterday, I don't think finding someone to watch Lilly would have been so easy. I woke up to blizzarding conditions that literally didn't stop until late last night. There was NO way I was going to leave the house, despite having tons of errands to run. We'll see if I can brave it today.

I've been up since 3:30. My anxiety has really been getting to me lately, and my mornings have been early. I leave the bedroom and tinker around the house some. It's actually a nice time to get stuff done, if I can manage to be quiet. And, surprisingly, I haven't really been feeling any more tired than normal, other than what I'm still dealing with from being sick. I think I'm in the clear and the bug is gone. Yesterday was still "iffy," but I survived. Both babies slept most of the day. So, even though it was cold and snowy outside, it was the perfect day to stay inside and feel icky. 

It's never a good sign when you can't' see out your window. Oh, AND it's snowing INSIDE our house. The weather stripping on our front door is shot, so the snow is just pouring in. I've got towels down, but it's still wet and cold!

I had to put something into the storage unit, and, like always, when I opened the patio door, all the babies came running. Both stopped and stared at the strange, white stuff. Then they BOTH proceeded to paw at it until they determined it wasn't something they wanted to play in.

She didn't wake up util 10:30 yesterday!! And then ate breakfast and went right back to bed for about an hour and a half. She just snuggled bear-bear on the couch all day. I'm still not sure if she's got my tummy bug.
She finally noticed the fun, whirly-twirly bits in the canister. She likes to squat down and watch everything spin. 
 Stragglers from this past weekend. 
She LOVES my cup. Granted, if I let her drink out of it, I have to completely clean it and refill it before I use it again, since she's huge into spit back. It's gross. But I couldn't get over how cute she looked, all squatted over like that. 


Sleepy girl, giving Grandpa some snuggles.


She LOVES laundry baskets. Whether it's getting to push stuff around in it, or getting pushed around herself, they're one of her favorites. Grandma goes super fast!! 


Jan lets Lilly help move the loads of laundry. 


The entire hour-long drive home on Sunday, Lilly was doing this. She'd take a sip of water, then spit it out while blowing raspberries. We had a good laugh, even though she was soaking wet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment