December 27, 2013

Round 3, Christmas Day

Round three of Christmas was just as exciting as the other two rounds...and even more so, since it was actually Christmas Day. We took our time getting up that morning, had breakfast, lounged around a bit, and then jumped into present opening. I like how the Goodrichs open presents. One at a time, in order of birth. It draws the process out, and everyone gets to see what the others got.

Kevin and Jan went first. All the kids chipped in to send them on a second honeymoon in Park City, and to buy them doors for their newly-refinished basement. I made a door card for everyone to sign. The tears from Jan were a sign that they liked the gifts. After a few rounds of opening presents, Lilly, again, lost interest. She was too busy dancing in the center of the room, twirling in circles amongst all the wrapping paper. 

Again, we all got spoiled. Lilly got a shopping cart with groceries, and the second it was unwrapped, she was panicking to have it opened and assembled. Once it was put together, she spent the rest of the day pushing it around the house. My favorite is that she puts Bear-bear up in the seat, and hugs him while she pushes the cart around. She also got some nerdy gifts from her uncles. I'd try to explain what they are, but in all honesty, I have no clue. I was in love with the gifts from everyone. Erin and Drew made me a Family Proclamation frame with our picture, and Christian got me a magnet board that I really wanted from Hobby Lobby. Yay, more decorations!

As for everyone else, we got Erin and Drew movies and nail polish, Joel got a dinosaur ball thingy, kind of like Lilly's elephant. Christian got "Cards Against Humanity," the humorously inappropriate version of Apples to Apples. Colton got the Matrix collection DVD set. And we got Jan an Origami Owl floating locket, too. Hers has a diamond "J" and "L," pink and blue baby feet, and a heart that says "grandma." 

I remember last year, Lilly was still a chunky baby, Joel was still cookin', and life was grand. This year was even better! Christmas always reminds me how much I love all my family. 



Once she discovered this bench, we couldn't keep her off of it.


She sure does love Kevin!!


"Does this look okay?"

This is my favorite picture. I bought these jammies just for Christmas morning, and boy did she look ADORABLE in them!!


I just missed the picture of her hugging Colton to say thank you for her gift.



I always look forward to getting to see how Christian wraps his gifts. My gift even had a warning label on it. Haha!!

Dancing with joy




I thought this was funny... "This card certifies the holders to four doors for the downstairs. May they open and close"

This was Joel's new zebra toy. Once Joel took a turn and fell off, she ran right over to steal it. We're still working on sharing...




No comments:

Post a Comment