Saturday was a busy day for us! For me, it started with 2 family pictures sessions with Erin's in-laws. I did a few at their house in Orem, and then went to Provo take some with more family. I'm hoping they turn out well. I haven't gotten to do much editing, but I'm starting to get paranoid that I'm a terrible photographer. I need frequent breaks, otherwise all the pictures start to look bad. Ha!
After pictures, I had two stops to make, and then it was back up to Layton to finish out the weekend with the Goodrich's. As soon as I got there, I started making my mom's famous sugar cookies for the Moore's 60th anniversary party that we were having that night. I frosted them with cream cheese frosting, wrote "60" on each of them, and then made them fancy with some edible pearls. Ryan kept joking that the pearls were breaking his teeth. I'd never made them before, so I was pretty proud that they turned out so well. The party was great. Lots of yummy food, LOTS of laughing, and LOTS of family. We took the opportunity to take family pictures, since we had everyone there. Right as we were trying to get Lilly to sit still for pictures, she started to throw a fit. I picked her up, and she slapped me. Everyone was watching by this point. I grabbed her arms and said "we don't hit!!" She then proceeded to slap me super hard in the face, AS everyone was watching. Everyone just went "ooooooooh". I was mortified, but also thought it was funny. That's going to be one of those stories I tell Lilly when she's older. Prepare yourself for picture overload!


 |
| Emma, giving Joel kisses |
 |
| She wasn't too sure of Uncle Lynn |
 |
| She likes to ride down the stairs on daddy's back |
 |
| Sitting at the cool kid table with Ciara and Clint |
 |
| Saying her prayers. I took this picture right before the prayer started, and for the first time EVER, she stayed like that for the entire prayer. She did start "shoosing" everyone in the middle, but hey, she stayed in prayer form! When we finally said "amen," everyone just burst out laughing |
 |
| Everyone in the family wrote a letter for grandma and grandpa. We wrote about our favorite memory with them or what they've taught us. Even though I've only known the Moores for a few years, filling up my page with memories was easy. I'm going to take the letters and put them and lots of old pictures into a Shutterfly photo book for them. |
 |
| Sorry about the quality. That's the best we could do in a basement, with a crying baby (Lilly) |
 |
| I asked them to loosen up, so Grandma propped her leg up on Grandpa's. |
 |
| And he returned the favor... |
 |
| All the grandkids |
 |
| I asked everyone to kiss grandma and grandpa, and I couldn't help but laugh at how Christian and Ian just kind of leaned in. Ha! |
 |
| The daughters (Karen, Paula, Jan) |
 |
| The great grandkids. And THE only picture that we have of all three of them! FRAMER!! |
 |
| Who doesn't love Katherine?! |
 |
| Giving kisses |
This video is a MUST watch. We were trying round two of great grandkid pictures, since everyone was in a better mood. Uncle Lynn had been behind the camera doing his jumping and dancing to try to get the kids to smile. Lilly wiggled out of Grandpa Moore's arms, just so that she could jump with Lynn. It was HILARIOUS!! I couldn't stop laughing.
No comments:
Post a Comment