By now, you all know that my true "happy place" is Color Me Mine. I could spend hours painting pottery and torturing Lilly to get hand and foot prints on everything. I had a bit of a rough day yesterday (stumbled onto a blog about a baby that had died, and I spent the afternoon bawling), so I was relieved when my mom invited me to go and spend a few hours at my happy place. Of course Lilly came. It's tradition! Seeing as she's much older and a lot less likely to stay put in the high chair than she used to be, I brought her crayons, so she could color on the butcher paper that was covering the table. That kept her busy for all of 20 minutes. The rest of the time was spent trying to poke our projects with said crayons, throwing crayons on the floor and saying "uh oh!" to see how many times she could get Granny B to pick them up for her, eating paint, painting the table, and greeting everyone with a loud "HI!" whenever they walked by.
My mom painted a giant Halloween serving platter. I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do, but I ended up painting a really cute cookie jar and an ice cream bowl. So what if I can't have ice cream?! It was cute!! I painted my cookie jar a really pale pink. Then I put on stickers that said "Got Milk?" I painted cookies all over it, and then had my assistant, Lilly, use her fingers for the chocolate chips. I know deep down inside, my mom was jealous that I now have a Lilly cookie jar, so I'm sure we're going to have to go back to make her one. I guess this means I have to make cookies more often, too. Anyway, Lilly must have thought the brown paint was chocolate, because every time I let go of her hand, she stuck her paint-covered finger in her mouth as fast as she could. Thank goodness the paint was non-toxic. I know she had fun, and I'm certain that soon enough, she'll be able to go and actually paint her own project. Thanks for the fun night, mom!!
 |
| Excited to go to Color Me Mine!! |
 |
| Mmm, paint |
.JPG) |
| I wasn't quick enough with my camera, but I'll never forget the image of Lilly running across the room to get to the pottery pieces, and seeing my mom running after her all panicked. Priceless. Lilly insisted on going down the line, poking each and every piece, and making whatever animal noise was appropriate. |
.JPG) |
| I'm excited to see how it turns out. Regardless, I'll always laugh when I look at my Lilly fingerprint cookies on my cookie jar. She really liked getting to poke the jar. All I had to do was say "poke, poke, poke," and she'd happily oblige. |
No comments:
Post a Comment