October 7, 2013

Conference Conductor, and Cooking

Lots of random, funny things have happened since I last posted. I didn't babysit Joel last week, so Lilly had mommy all to herself. Conference was this weekend, which was also nice. It's a bit harder to pay attention when you have a toddler running around, but we managed. We learned that Lilly really loves listening to the Mo-Tab, probably since we played it non-stop in the car when she was a baby. She especially loves getting to be the conductor. Man, we have such a silly baby. I busied myself with baking. I made Ryan his favorite chocolate chip muffins for breakfast, and then whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies later that day. I just felt like cookin'!

In other news, well, there is no news. I guess no news is good news, huh? The gym has been going really well for me lately. We have changed when we go, so I've been able to go EVERY day. I'm so dang proud of myself, and I feel GREAT! My running endurance has been getting noticeably better, too. The first day I started, I remember wanting to quit after about 30 seconds. I told myself I'd start small and try to master running for 5 minutes straight without stopping. Now, that may sound super easy, but remember that I'm obese and out of shape, so 5 minutes may as well be 5 years. Anyway, each day got easier and easier, and today I was able to run the full 5 minutes without stopping. Now to master the 10 minute, non-stop run.

This is for Granny B. She and Grandpa got to play finger puppets with Lilly. 

Tea party!! Can you spot the odd man out? 

So many furry mouths to feed!

Willow is the one who has been leaving paw prints all over the fridge!! She may be the quiet one out of the cats, but she sure is the most naughty!! I found her up there this morning. She couldn't get down, so Lilly sat and yelled "Willow!!" at her until I could get her to step down onto the fridge. 

"Help! I'm stuck!"


So, this is what my darling husband eats for a snack. Yep, cheese and chocolate. He might have a problem...



Sunday dinner. I was pretty proud of myself for whipping this up without planning it. Chicken Parmesan, green beans, whole wheat pasta, and a salad. 

I had to run to my mom's house last week. Lilly was chatting with me and playing "where's the baby?" for most of the drive. I hadn't noticed that it had been quiet for a while. When I got to my mom's house, this is what I found. She fell asleep while playing "where's the baby?".  Apparently I took a little too long to respond. Ha! Priceless. 

She's starting to like wearing her sunglasses. 

Who doesn't get a smile like that when they get to hear the prophet talk?

Pretending to be asleep. 

It's been a bit chilly at our house lately, so my favorite thing to do is curl up on the couch with the blanket that Jan made me. Junie loves it too, and we often get to snuggle while the babies nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment