October 1, 2013

Bring on the Heat

This morning had me off to a bit of a panicky, exhausting start. Ryan decided to stay home from work today. 6:30 came rolling around, and Lilly started crying. Both of these facts were strange, since she never cries to let me know she's up, and she never gets up that early. I ran to get her a bottle before she got too upset, and before she woke up Ryan. Right as I wandered into her room, I was hit with a blast of extremely hot air. It was like a sauna in there. I dropped the bottle and ran to grab Lilly. No wonder she was crying, she was drenched in sweat. Her space heater read 100 degrees!! All of her blankets and stuffed animals were hot to the touch. I ran her into our room, where we keep it freezing and have a huge fan blowing. Ryan thought I was just trying to be funny by bringing her into our bed, so at first he was a bit annoyed until I told him what was happening. We all laid there while Lilly drank her milk. It was the first time we've had Lilly sleep with us in our bed. She kept waking up and asking for "more" milk. Poor thing was so thirsty! Ryan got up to go work in the office, so Lilly and I stayed in bed while she drank 2 bottles of milk and a sippy cup full of juice. At one point, she looked up at me and said "nigh-nigh," and then laid her head down on my chest and instantly fell asleep. We slept another hour or so, until I woke up and noticed Ryan staring at us. Oh, man, I wish we could do that more often, just under less deadly circumstances. I think she's fine despite almost getting heat stroke. She was super tired and thirsty all day, but still our happy baby. 

Other than that, the only "fun" things we have going on are getting to embark on the adventure of suing the whitetrash couple that took over our lease at our last apartment complex. Over a year of dealing with the LIES and excuses as to why they can't keep to the contract we had them sign. It's actually quite humorous the stories I've been told. By now, everyone in their family should be dead, 4 times over, they shouldn't even have a working car, and they should be living on the street, homeless. When it all comes down to it, I know taking this to court will rule in our favor, especially since I have proof of things that will get them in trouble with the complex manager, far more trouble than they're already in. The poor people have been getting some pretty terrible, inaccurate legal advice, to which our lawyer just laughs. To say that they are greedy liars, bad parents, uneducated, and, in my opinion, clinically insane is a bit of an understatement, and I look forward to getting to rub it in their faces in court. Some people just don't understand the meaning of "integrity", and have absolutely no problem blaming all of their problems on other people. Are they really surprised that all of the drama in their lives is created by the dumb things they say and do, and the way they treat people? Can you really be a good member of the church, if you can't "be honest in your dealings with your fellow man"? It's sad that a friendship had to end because of a few hundred dollars and a broken promise. Apparently, I was "to blame," since I had to be the nagging middle man. I HATE LIARS! No matter what the jerks say or do to us, I will always know that Ryan and I are way better off, and they can't make me unhappy. I have a way better life and I LOVE it! I have lots more babies to have, a healthy body, and I love all my family and in-laws. It doesn't get any better than that! I don't need fake people, who pretend to be my friends and then back stab me and bad mouth me, to be involved in my life at all. I pity them, really. I'm relieved to finally have them out of our lives and to be moving on....Anyway, rant over. It feels good to get that off my chest.




No comments:

Post a Comment